Week Eleven: Measuring the Cost

Last Saturday was an emotional day for me. My husband made some implications about my business that made me emotional. He was in the wrong and not in a good mood that day. But, it took me down a deep dark hole. As I left for my client meeting, I teared up and sobbed the whole thirty-minute drive.

I had a lot of scenarios run through my head of how to handle the situation. The first five were not enjoyable. But, I began to pray and to calm down. I asked for help and guidance to get through this small rough patch. Immediately, my new motto came to my mind, "If it doesn't matter in 1000 years, it doesn't need to matter more than ten minutes." I spent more than ten minutes. But, I know that this particular spat will not matter in ten years.

I arrived at my client's home, dried my tears, and set to work. I was there for three hours. I used that time to meditate during my sorting progress. I began to brainstorm business ideas, and think of honest ways to tell my husband what he said was hurtful.

I also made a new goal to schedule my time better. I tried in my brain to come up with scenarios that work best for our family weekends. My conflict with those potential scenarios is that a lot of my clients prefer to work on Saturdays because they are working during the week. The best idea I came up with was to go during my children's quiet time in the afternoons, especially if it is a Saturday client. This way, I can work, and my children will not have any idea that I am gone.

I have learned that my best-case scenario is to know the worth of my family. If I put all of their worth above everything else, then everything else will fall into place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 13: Attitude of Gratitude

Week Twelve: Becoming a Change Maker

Week Eight: Overcoming Obstacles and Challenges