Week Nine: Disciple Leadership

This week's topic on Disciple Leadership was not a new topic for me. I learned about Disciple Leadership in my Lifeskills Class while attending PathwayConnect. The interesting part is the reflection I had on that week versus this week. During my first class in PathwayConnect, I was nervous and extremely sleep deprived.

In my Life Skills Class, I had just recently delivered a baby. I began to attend classes when I was two weeks postpartum. It took a lot of scheduling and prep work to ensure that I got all of my assignments done. I specifically remember reading the talk by Bednar about being Disciples of Christ. I remember promising myself that I would follow the words that Bednar spoke in his address.

Flash forward to the present day. When I saw the title to Bednar's address, I immediately had thoughts of the beginning of my college career. So, I began to reflect on my current status. I am not nearly as sleep-deprived, and I have an 18-month-old instead of a newborn. I still have four children total, but we have settled into a routine. I was even able to sit and do my school work while they did theirs during distance learning.

My physical and mental goals have shifted slightly, but my spiritual goals continue to increase in a desire to learn more about the savior and other educational material. I am reminded of the leadership analogy about the wolf pack. A picture is shown of a wolf pack traveling. In the photo, it shows the oldest members in the front, and the leader remains behind all of them to protect them from the rear. It states that the leader ensures that no one gets left behind. I feel that as Disciple Leaders that we can apply this same tactic. We make sure we take care of our family, put the weakest in the front for everyone to watch and guard, the strongest behind them, and then the leader in the back to help everyone to keep moving forward and make sure that no one is left behind.

Can you imagine how our families would be if all Disciple Leaders in our family kept moving us forward in regular and daily scripture study and worship?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 13: Attitude of Gratitude

Week Twelve: Becoming a Change Maker

Week Eight: Overcoming Obstacles and Challenges