Week Eight: Overcoming Obstacles and Challenges

Many people are unaware that I suffer from Fibromyalgia and Hashimotos. These are obstacles that cause challenges for me every day. Some days are better than most. I do take medication for my fibromyalgia, but it doesn't always touch the pain. I developed fibro after the birth of my fourth child, almost 18 months ago. For the first three months, I thought I was just miserable from recovery and sleep deprivation. But I felt awful, and the pain enhanced my irritability from sleep deprivation. I did not act like a nice person sometimes.

After a long, hard day of being home with my children, I remember that I began to sob during my nightly shower. I reflected on my day and the terrible self-talk I had with myself. I was at the point where if I bent over to pick up my baby that it caused me pain. I could not even hold my baby on one side without being in pain. With a newborn, a person has to pick up, hold, and feed baby all day and night. My body felt wrecked. I prayed to my Heavenly Father for strength and comfort. Immediately my mind began to think of all that Christ suffered for us. His pains were incomprehensible to me. But I also knew that he felt my illnesses as well.

I use that thought process to get me through each day. I use the time management skills I use in my line of work to help me physically get through the day. But I still go to work and organize for my clients. I always get up, move around, play with my children, and pick up my baby. I could continue to pity myself and not get up, but I want to enjoy life with those around me. I want to spend time with my ever-growing children.

I want others to enjoy their lives and spend more time with their family and less on clutter. I believe that once I gain more of a following and presence locally, then my fear and obstacle of fewer clients will be a thing of the past.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 13: Attitude of Gratitude

Week Twelve: Becoming a Change Maker